The YWCA of Annapolis and Anne Arundel County is best known for our services in support of individuals who are victims of domestic violence. This includes women, men and even children. The services provided range from actual refuge at the domestic violence safe house and a 24-hour hotline, to courses to rehabilitate offenders. In addition, counseling, support groups and legal services provide the cornerstone of the YWCA’s influence on enabling victims to leave their abusers.
Things to Think About:
- Are you ever afraid of your partner?
- Do you feel you are "walking on eggshells" at home?
- Does your partner say hurtful things to cut you down?
- Has your partner threatened to hurt you, family or pets?
- Have you been hit, pushed, or kicked by your partner?
If you answered "yes" to any of these, please call the YWCA at 410-222-6800 to talk through this and figure out next steps.