The Challenge runs from Wednesday, September 28th at 12pm ET through Tuesday, October 25th at 1:59 pm ET.
The Allstate Foundation Purple Purse Challenge is a fundraising competition where charities benefiting domestic violence survivors compete to raise the most money with the top teams winning grand prize cash donations from The Allstate Foundation. The organization that raises the most during the Challenge will win a $100,000 donation! Please share and help us fundraise by visiting www.crowdrise.com/ywcaaac.
Help us fundraise: Donate at least $10 online to our 2016 Purple Purse Challenge fundraiser and get one entry to WIN A LIMITED EDITION PURPLE PURSE: Exclusively designed by Kerry Washington. And, for every $10 you donate you get one additional entry to win!
As a supporter of the YWCA, we know that you share our passion for seeing an end to domestic violence and sexual assault. We also know that our friends, family, neighbors, and colleagues all deserve a safe place to call home; one where they do not need to worry about abuse. Through your support, the YWCA would be able to provide the following in 2016:
- Support to 3500 callers on the hotlines;
- Emergency shelter to 210 women and children totaling 3220 bed nights;
- 3000 counseling sessions;
- Legal guidance and representation to 2500 individuals;
- Abuser intervention training to 300 perpetrators;
- 85 community education and outreach sessions;
- Hospital accompaniment to 50 victims of sexual assault.
Are you curious how your funds are utilized? The YWCA has kept administrative costs to a minimum and the vast majority of funds raised directly support programming to clients through the safe house shelter, counseling, and legal advocacy.