In response to the COVID19 epidemic, the YWCA has made changes to how it operates.
If you are in imminent danger, call 911.
Domestic violence is not an instance of neighborhood or income: it is a sisterhood of circumstance.
- More than 1 in 4 women will be a victim of domestic violence in her lifetime.
- On average nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have been victims of physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime.
- On a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
- 50% of those who abuse an intimate partner will also abuse children in the home.
- 1 in 15 children are exposed to intimate partner violence.
- Children who witness abuse are 1,000 times more likely to be abusive or abusive adults.
- The cost of intimate partner violence exceeds $8.3 billion per year.
- Between 21-60% of victims of intimate partner violence lose their jobs due to reasons stemming from the abuse.
- 1 in 5 female high school students reports being abused by a dating partner.
Do you like this page?